Monday, September 21, 2009

1/4 of the way there!


I posted this on June 20, 2008
When I lose my weight, I am going to pierce my nose! Why you ask? See post below! When I lose 100 pounds, it will mean that God has taken his rightful place on the throne of my heart....food will be forever overthrown! It will be an outward symbol of an inward commitment, a change from the inside out! Just like I wear my wedding ring to show I am committed to John, the nose stud will be to show that God owns my heart, I am fully committed to Him and have conquered my addiction to food! It will be extreme! :) I have been called a prude many times! So for me to show up with a nose piercing will be a shock to many (My parents being among the biggest, I am sure), but I can't wait to get it done! When it is done, I will know I have won the battle! God will be the ruler of my heart and food will be in submission! What a day that will be! :)

Over a year later, I am 1/4 of the way there! There has been a LOT of yo-yoing in that year, but I feel God breaking the grip food has on me, and I am excited! Actually, I am excited about a lot of things in life right now! I am finally learning to listen to that still small voice instead of all the other voices shouting at me in this world! And it is amazing the Wisdom in that still small voice! :)

4 comments:

Liberia Adoption said...

FYI, My mom almost died from an infection she incurred from a nose ring a few months ago. There is a lot of blood in your nose and strep entered her blood stream via the nose ring. She spent 8 days in the hospital. Then 2 weeks recovering at home. Pretty scary. Obviously I'm very against them now, and wish this information could be shared as a risk when people want to do this. Of course the decision is probably personal I just wanted you to be informed.

Ginny said...

You could get a tattoo...

Vikki Mileo said...

I linked to your through some other blogs a couple months back. Thanks for your honesty here.

You obviously want a nose ring so just get one. You don't have to come up with some ridiculous excuse that it symbolizes God breaking some food grip. Why not an extra earing? a tattoo? A ring for your other hand? Cause you want a nose ring so just get one.

At least you seem to believe God exists again, which is awesome!!

VJM

John said...

It amazes me how some people comment on your blog as if they know you and what you're about--if only they did know you they would know your heart here :) Love you!