Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Ava: Today is the day

We finally have insurance approval, and today is the day we go for the blood draw for the Fragile X and chromosomal tests.  Ava is worried about the blood draw, but I reminded her how brave she was last time we had to draw blood! She didn't even cry!  So she asked if they could get the blood from the same arm in the same place! :) And then it was all better.  That is what I love about her!

Today really isn't such a bid deal.  I mean, all we are doing is drawing blood.  But for me, as a mother, today is kind of tough.  I think in the processing of what we are learning, today means that we truly know there is something that we don't know.  Today means there is something that doesn't function as it should in my daughter's body.  And for a mamma, that really is kind of a big deal.

I have sat and listened to "It is Well" by Bethel over and over.  Can I be honest? I am not there right now.  I am not ok with this! However, I can sincerely sing the song as a prayer that God will continue to work and mature me to a place where no matter what the tests say or what my little girl has to face because of what the tests show, it will be well.  And I know the key to that is how the song ends..."through it all, my eyes are on You".

Placing my eyes on Him and headed to school to pick up my little warrior and get this done! Then....we might just go have lunch and do some shopping! Shhhh! Don't tell the school!  :) But I think this mamma needs some time with my baby today!

No comments: