Monday, September 3, 2012

My Baby Girl





A new friend at our new church blessed Paizley with a free newborn shoot for Peighton.  I am so thankful for these shots since they may be all I ever have of my granddaughter.  It's a bit painful to look at them right now.  My heart feels like it might just break in two completely a I wonder about where this precious baby is right now and what her future may hold.  But I know God put her in our life so that we would cover her in prayer during this time!  I may not can physically rescue her, we have done all that we can at this point.  But I can pray angels around her! The past two days have been so hard as I think about Peighton.  In the book I am reading by Liberty Savard, Shattering Your Stongholds, She talks about denial as being one of our coping mechanisms.  Like shock to the physical body that keeps you from dieing in physical trauma, denial does the same for the heart and mind in emotional trauma.  Over the past few years, I have gone from someone who faces emotions straight on and deals with them to a person who lives in denial.....a lot!  Especially when it comes to hurts from those around me.  But God is revealing more and more that denial is not going to allow me to live in the freedom He has for me.  He is teaching me to recognize the hurt and pain, and then let it go to Him!  Regardless of the situation, God is teaching me to let Him handle it.  Trust Him with it!  There's that word again...trust.  If you have been reading my blog for long, you know God has had me in a place of learning to trust again since Eden did not come home...and something tells me I will be on this journey until I see God face to face!

So this morning, you are part of my therapy!  :)  I am getting the pictures off the disc.  I am stopping the denial that I have a granddaughter that I don't know when I will hold again. I am stopping the denial that it hurts.  I am embracing the truth that God loves her more than I could ever love her and I am choosing to trust Him with her future.  I am rolling my grief onto Him and asking Him to heal my heart.

I have to.  So WHEN my girls return home, my heart will be ready to receive them!

No comments: