Thursday, March 21, 2013

He wants to take your burdens


Last night nearing the end of our praise and worship time, there was a still - no organized singing by the praise team, just spontaneous words and songs of praise from the congregation - a time of ministering by the Spirit.  As I stood there, I "saw" - not with physical eyes, but in my minds' eye, my spirit - a white sphere floating, and when it moved, it left a tail of light as it moved.  It was what I would call an aura.  God said it was his ministering spirit (Hebrews 1:14).  I saw it move from person to person in the congregation.  Just as our pastor said, "The anointing comes to life the burden," God spoke to me saying, "My yoke is easy and my burden is light!"  If you are like me, that scripture has been a struggle. My times of walking in faith have been some of my most trying...but God said this is season is a training ground, and I know this is one of the things He is teaching me! Even when things are tough, the yoke is easy and the burden is light.  We had just finished singing one of my favorite songs.  Some of the lyrics say, "I call your Name, Lord you reply, you bring your kingdom and stand by my side."  I saw the white glow stopping at each person.  From those who allowed him, he took burdens off of them as he passed from one to another.  As I saw him moving toward me, I opened my hands and an overwhelming sense of God's presence washed over me, and peace beyond understanding washed over.  I felt like a lead brick had been taken off my body.  It was amazing.  And what God was showing me is that He wants me to always feel that light...even in the midst of trials.  But I have to learn to allow Him to carry the burden and not pick it up myself.

God didn't lead me to share this in the service last night, but as I woke this morning, I knew I needed to share it.  This kind of thing is new for me...part of my deeper walk with God.  So I can't say I was a little apprehensive putting it out there, but I know from past experience if God lays it on my heart to share publicly, then someone out there, a fellow warrior for His kingdom needed to hear it! So if you have a heavy burden today, put some praise and worship music on, get still before God and let Him lift your burden!

No comments: