Thursday, April 18, 2013

Addy's Show: A Kiss From Heaven

We have an amazing board member who had a fabulous idea....use our communities amazingly talented theatre group to raise awareness and funds for children waiting in the foster system to be adopted!  Over the last few months the talent has started rehearsing and the processes began to pull the event off.  I haven't had my hands in a lot of it, John and Katie have ran with it.  A few weeks ago, John says, we came up with a name for the event....Addy's Show.  I just started weeping!  The minute he said it, I could see my sweet little Addy dancing before Jesus....her very own show! It is her life that has inspired our work with Addy's Hope!  It was because of her untimely death from cholera during the adoption process of her and her twin sister Eden from Sierra Leone that spurred us on to the work we have done in the world of adoption over the past nearly 9 years.

You do not want to miss this event!  If you are anywhere close to the Midland area, please go buy tickets!  It will be a first class production of "Songs for a New World".  And it will bring awareness to the over 6,000 children in Texas alone who are in need of adoptive families while they continue to wait in our very broken child welfare system!

Please join us on June 8th at Midland Community Theatre!  And please tell your friends!  You can buy tickets at www.addyshope.brownpapertickets.com.

Dance on sweet, Addy!  Until I meet you in heaven, I will use every day God gives me on earth to ensure I have done all I can to provide homes for all the "Addys" out there who need hope....the hope of a family and more importantly the hope of Jesus!

No comments: