Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Enemy Doesn't Just Fall on the Sword

I was talking with someone yesterday about spiritual battles.  In the midst of that conversation God gave me an analogy.  It was one of those times that after I said it, I thought, "Man, that was GOOD!"  Which means it wasn't my thought! It was God helping me help her.

I know if more than two people are reading this, then someone is in a spiritual battle and might need to hear this also!

The battlefield is truly in the mind! My heart grieved for this person as I heard words coming out of her mouth that I have said myself so many times.  I knew the enemy was doing a number on her.  She was believing the lies..God is the enemy...He hasn't done anything to fight for me...Scripture won't work, I've already tried that.  Yet when I asked what scriptures she had memorized, she hadn't.

I pointed to the ground and said, if I am in a battle and my sword is laying on the ground, how much good is it going to do me?  Is the enemy going to pick up my sword and kill themselves?  God has given us the Sword!  But we have to pick it up and at least hold it in front of us in order to do battle! We have to use the Word when the lies come in order to combat them.  And the lies probably are not going to come when I am sitting with the Bible in my hand reading it.  Therefore, I have to have His Word hidden in my heart in order for the Spirit to bring it to the forefront of my mind in order for me to fight off the lies the enemy uses to defeat me!

So if you are in battle today, don't leave your sword on the nightstand!  It will not do you any good there! If you are in battle, you need to pick up your Sword and start swinging! Then watch the enemy flee!  That Word promises it....so you can stand on it!

No comments: