Thursday, January 1, 2015

A Word from the Lord for Parents

I wrote down "strong and courageous" in my journal.  I felt in my spirit God was going to ask me to step out of my comfort zone in 2015 to speak boldly for Him.  I wrote down Acts 4:29-31 "grant to your servants to continue to speak your word with all boldness, while you stretch out your hand to heal, and signs and wonders are performed through the name of your holy servant Jesus.” And when they had prayed, the place in which they were gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and continued to speak the word of God with boldness." I just didn't think it would happen at 1:00 am on New Year's Day!  He didn't waste any time! 

I have had Words for people a few times, but never a Word for the Body...until now.  The message from God was strong enough that I couldn't go back to sleep until I got it out there..so here goes (at 3:46 am)...

I used to be a very vivid and regular dreamer.  However, I would not say that many if any of my dreams were spiritual in nature...or maybe they were and I just didn't have the maturity to know it.  Anyway, I haven't dreamed like that for a few a years now.  Now if I have a dream, it is almost always spiritual.  However, not always from God.  Sometimes they are nightmares, but whenever I dream, it is vivid! I woke up just after midnight from a very vivid dream. I don't remember being afraid in the dream, but when I woke, the first feeling I had was fear.  It wasn't the "in awe of you" kind of fear, but the heart racing, palms sweating type of fear.  That is not from God! So I am not saying God gave me a dream, I believe the enemy planted that to cause fear in me. The details of the dream I don't believe are important, but it involved losing most of the people who are dear to me.  

Just as quickly as the fear came, a peace flooded over me.  Then God spoke.  It was a message that He has been giving to me for a few weeks now.  But this time it was stronger and more urgent.  It is for parents.  It is a reminder that we need to be diligent to be covering our children in prayer.  It was a reminder that the enemy is out to steal, kill and destroy our children.  As the time of Christ's return draws near, the enemy will raise the stakes in his battle for the call on children's lives.  This is not a message of fear!  This is a message of hope and a reminder that we as parents have the authority to cut the enemy off at the knees and place his head under our heel where he belongs.  However, many times in our complacency and busyness of day to day life, we leave the door wide open for him to come into our family, and in particular to our children  This is not a call to say bedtime prayers with our children as we tuck them in, while I believe that is vital as well!  It is a call to get on our knees and war in the heavenlies calling down God's will for our children from heaven to earth and closing all gaps and holes where the enemy can could get a foothold and take them on a detour.

To confirm this Word, when I woke up, I went to my FB page.  At the top is the update of Baby AJ who was born just a few weeks ago at 23 weeks gestation.  He is fighting for his life!  Just below his update is that of another friend's baby who was rushed into emergency brain surgery last week at less than 2 months old.  I believe God has a high call on the lives of these children!  And I believe God is already using their lives for His glory as hundreds if not thousands of people storm the gates of heaven for these two babies while their amazing parents point those watching...medical staff as well as strangers following on FB and other social media...to Jesus!  Then less than an hour after I woke up, my daughter sends me a text message as she is at a sleep over with friends.  It's now about 2:20 am.  We end up texting for almost an hour about some spiritual matters!  For those who don't know my daughter, let me just tell you, she. is. amazing! But it just confirmed that the enemy is desperately trying to steal the faith, joy and calling God has placed on children all over this earth!  And we as parents CANNOT stand by and watch while he does it!  We MUST cover our children in prayer and equip them for life in spiritual warfare!  We have the power, authority and weapons to win this war, but we must pick them up and fight!  2 Corinthians 10: 4-5 For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds.

I believe 2015 is a year that we will see children rising up and leading revival!  I am committed to being on my knees for my children...from 19 to 1! God is calling us to cover them all as there is no junior Holy Spirit and He will use them all no matter their age to draw others to Him!  Whose with me?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HollyAnn,
Thank you for being obedient and open to the spirit. 2014 has been a trying year for us and I would have to say for the first part of the year, I sat by and let Satan have his way in my mind, body, spirit and family. Once I made the choice that I was not going to abandon my family, he has waged a war like no other. Well, I am not going to stand by and be idle. I will join the heavenlies and fight. Before we found out we were pregnant with AJ, there was a thought that we would never get pregnant and after the war our kids put us through we didn't think we could ever adopt again. First, I want to say that you and John are an inspiration to us. You have kept your faith and kept pressing on no matter what was thrown at you. Second, I know now more than ever that we can and most likely will have more kids whether by adoption or birth. Thank you for being obedient and open to the spirit.

Unknown said...

Amen! Thanks for sharing and challenging us!