Friday, June 27, 2008

She's growing up!

I have been dreading this day for months now. I knew it needed to come, but I just didn't want to admit it....Callie and I went shopping for her first bra today! You might think she would be embarassed that I am blogging about this and I might not should....that might be true of some girls, but this is the girl who took a picture holding up her new undergarment and texted it to her daddy! She is so excited! She wants to grow up so fast...makes me sad. I keep telling her to cherish being a child...never again will she get to be one! But just like all of us, she is too busy trying to get to the next stage of life to enjoy and cherish the one she is in!

Today a bra, tomorrow a car then a cap and gown and then a diamong ring. All too soon my Cindrella will be gone! God help me to be the mother I need to be to this precious little girl to make her into the woman You need her to be!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to buy my daughter her first bra this summer. She was excited at first but now she tries to find whatever shirt she can wear to NOT have to wear her bra. They do grow up too fast. She turned 9 this year and it made me realize that she has already spent half of the 18 years she will live with me. I only have 9 more years left and I know they will be gone just as fast as the first 9. :(

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

This totally made me laugh! She is growing up, awe!

Karen said...

I've been teaching the girls to enjoy the age that they are at. So our oldest has been in her bra for the past 1 1/2 yrs...but I just went out and bought her a real bra...not a training one because she is 14 & developed. Daddy cried! Watch out...she also became a woman about 5 months ago...luckily it was a school day because I stayed home & cried!

Karen said...

Oh & by the way...my oldest cried on both events! :(