Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Greatest Day in a mother's life....

....is when one of her children make Jesus Lord of their life! I had the awesome privelege this evening of listening to Noah ask Jesus to be his savior. He prayed the sweetest pray asking God to make him love Him and not the devil. He asked God to take him to His house and not the devils. Then he said, "I love you and I will never let you go!" Wow! I was speachless, but the angels are rejoicing and when I told Noah that, he got up and started dancing saying, "I'm having an angel party, I'm having an angel party!" What an awesome day!

John was with Callie when she asked Jesus into her life. But I knew about it right after, and it was a sweet time. However, I can't help but linger a little with Noah to wonder what would life had been had God not allowed us the pleasure of being Noah's family. Callie said it perfectly tonight, "Noah, you are adopted twice! Once by us and once by God!" As I think of a single 26 year old girl who loved a little boy enough to let him go, I thank God that as she let him go, we got to hold him tight! I don't know that Noah would have even known God at the age of six had he not left her arms to come to ours. As I view adoption, I have to think that this day was the reason all along that Noah got to be one of us! God needed him in His kingdom so we have the awesome priveledge of calling him son as we teach him how to be the son of our Heavenly Father!

3 comments:

missy said...

What a wonderfully blessed day at the P. home. I just thought of something....as Christians, our adoptions are finalized, we're just awaiting our Gotcha Day :o)
Love to you,
Missy

HollyAnn said...

Missy, that is such a cool thought! I'm ready for Him to come, aren't you?! :)

Anonymous said...

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME