Thursday, September 15, 2011

Freedom from Food: Turning the Day Around

How are you FFF (Freedom from Food) ladies doing today? I know there are a handful of you at least walking this with me! Thank you!!!! As I told one of you this morning, just think, this time next year, we will not need Spanx or tummy flatteners because we will be walking in freedom from food and will have the bodies to show it!



So Monday went great! I had little to no temptation to eat what I shouldn't. Tuesday and Wednesday...well...not so much! The battle was on! I failed pretty miserably both days. John was out of town, so I had all 7 by myself along with some other issues I was struggling to deal with. So I walked back to what I'm used to comforting myself with..food!




Last night I had an amazing time with God and received some amazing teaching on authority and battling. So I was ready for the day! Hence my breakfast:





The way I check my eating right now is: is this nourishing your body or feeding your emotions? Food like chocolate, cake, coke, etc are not ever going to nourish my body, so that keeps me from eating those. So breakfast was an English Muffin with natural peanut butter, honey and banana. Yum!


But shortly after breakfast, my day turned south. An old wound reared its ugly head with new hurt. I immediately found myself roaming the kitchen. But determined to stay on track, I pulled out The Word and started slicing the enemy in half! I didn't eat anything, and I feel totally satisfied! Thank you, Jesus! So if you are struggling to turn your day around, get into The Word! Have your scripture cards ready....I have post it notes on the pantry to which Toben asks, "Mom why are there letters on our doors?" Perfect opportunity for my son to know his mom is not perfect but she is battling her way to victory!






Funny side note about victory....I got on the scale this morning (try to only do that once a week or so) and thought God was doing a MIGHTY work right there! It said I had lost 20 pounds this week! I was ready to give Him all the glory....then I looked down and realized the corner of the scale was on the carpet....moved the scale, re-weighed and got the real picture! No gain, but no loss either. Laughed at myself and told God that was good, I liked seeing those numbers on the scale and assured Him and me that they would be back again real soon....for real this time!




If your week hasn't gone perfect. If you've eaten when you shouldn't have or made a choice you wished you would've done better, its ok! There is NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. The next time you have to make a choice, choose obedience! Let the past be the past and move on! But DO. NOT. QUIT! I won't let you! And you can't let me either!









No comments: