Thursday, February 12, 2009

God's sense of humor

Ok, I really don't have time to post, but since I work alone, sometimes I just need to post so someone hears me! :) And the irony of my day today just had to be shared!

So I am leaving for Liberia soon...haven't posted about it as I have many enemies that try to block my work in Liberia, so I need to keep them guessing right now!

But I really needed to work today. Lost on my "to-do" list to prepare for a trip, and this is a day when the little ones are in Children's Day Out. But God, in his sense of humor that I really don't understand most times, sees fit to allow Toben to come down with a stomach virus today. So about 20 minutes after I arrived at the office, I get a call that he has thrown up. So I pick him up and now at home working and loving on my sick boy!

The irony is that I am literally calling government officials inbetween pukes! It just hit me as hilarious..I actually laughed out loud! Only a mommy can find herself calling Liberia and Congress while cleaning up puke! You mommies out there can relate, I am sure! :)

2 comments:

Instantly Mama said...

Praying for your trip! Also wanted to say that your puking story reminded me of my own. We had just gotten back from Guatemala with Jayden and I was taking him to his first doctor's appointment. That same day, travel sickness hit me and it was BAD. I remember being in the bathroom with Jayden sitting on a wicker chair (he was singing and giggling delightedly) . . . while his new mama threw up in the toilet! Every time I go to that doctor's office now I remember that moment!

whenpigsfly said...

HollyAnn,
You get a GOLD STAR on your forehead for Multi-taksing Mamma Extraordinaire!!!