Saturday, February 21, 2009

Why I do it!

Ok, after my last post, I am renewed! The fight is the same! The struggles and obstacles are the same! But the faces....these faces.....

This is why I do it! God has placed a burden on me for these people as they have no voice right now! They are the forgotten of Liberia. There are many more than just those in this one village, but this is where God has called Addy's Hope. Our new building can be seen as a beacon of hope across the street. The foundation with the pillars....it is a sprititual site to see walking up. It represents beginnings, firm foundations, and progress!


We talked to Moses again. He is so excited to see us back...all of the people were! I got to see Patricia again and her baby boy. She is only a child herself, but she has this child to care for. Based on statistics, she has a 1 in 5 chance of losing him before he turns five years old. There were many more girls like Patricia. I held a baby that was a month old or so. I asked the mother how old he was, and she replied, "One year." They just don't have a concept of time...and why would it matter in a life like this?








Just a different world! I can get overwhelmed looking at all these people, but then I have to remember that I only have to walk in obedience! God hasn't called me to save Liberia from poverty, He has only called me to obedience, and through my obedience, and your obedience, and the obedience of the Body of Christ called to Liberia, God will save Liberia from the current conditions! And then He will recieve all the glory for it!








So tonight as I lay my head down on a bed in a home filled with children, I am thankful that God has placed this call on my life. It is hard, it is stressful, but it is so important! I love the people of this country, and I am thankful for the opportunity to serve them!

No comments: