Monday, March 15, 2010

Why It's Worth It Now

I am TOTALLY motivated by Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace right now! Why? Is it because I love selling everything in my house that we are not using? Well, I do kind of get a kick our of making a buck or two on things that are just sitting in my closet, but that is not! Why am I so motivated? Well, in the words of Ramsey, "live like no one else now, so I can LIVE like no one else then!"

So here is what LIVING like no one else means to me:

  1. Being able bless my friends and family with gifts out of the blue
  2. Being able to give to a family that wants to adopt a child in need but is finding it hard to come up with all the adoption fees
  3. Being able to go grocery shopping and not feel guilty for buying food!
  4. Being able to buy all the extras for my girls' outfits because I can pay cash and have it in the budget!
  5. Being able to save for the future in a healthy way (not relying on that instead of God for provisions, but being wise with the resources God has blessed us)
  6. Being able to take family vacations and paying cash knowing that we won't be "reliving" the trip every time the credit card bill comes!
  7. Being able to go buy the decorations to finish out that one display for Easter or whatever because we have the cash because we are not sending a large portion of our pay check to those we owe!
  8. Being slave to No ONE except Jesus Christ!
  9. Shopping for the deal just because I love to find a bargain not because I HAVE to!

There are so many more, but those are just off the top of my head today!

2 comments:

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

Such a great post! I love the adaptation of Dave's quote "Live like no one else, so later I can GIVE like no one else." You can do it!

missy said...

well, i really wanted to post a comment on your last post.....oh my goodness...look at the sweet, chubby little hand. and that outfit...too much.