Monday, January 1, 2007

Good bye 2006!

It's officially 2007! Happy New Year everyone!

Goals for the new year:
  • wake up at 5 am in order to have my quite time and exercise done before the family wakes up!
  • become better stewards of our finances! The credit cards are put away and we are on a cash only basis! Total reliance on God to provide! I have a feeling there maybe some days of beans and cornbread in our future when I am not disciplined in the beginning of the month....
  • eat healthy! With this will come the weight loss I need to have the energy to carry out all God needs me to in a day to be faithful to His calling.
  • get organized! My friend Melonie is helping me out with this! Thanks Melonie!!
  • spend time everyday with my children in The Word
  • have a devoted time to work the adoption agency from home so that I am ready when God moves in order for more children to come home through Addy's Hope and so that we can be a sorce of funds for the children remaining in Liberia to have a better life! My friends Debora and Krista are helping me out here! Thanks gals! Also Emily and Crystal! They are my fellow volunteers in this endeavor, encouraging me when things seem to fall apart! Also Karen! She inspires me every time I talk to her!
  • spend more one on one time with each of my children
  • spend more time with John (without children!)

There are so many more! Those are just a few of the high points...I am sure I will add more. I am excited about how my life will change when I put these things into practice. I always ask God for a verse for the year...last year it was Be still and know that I am God. Which would prove to be vital when I went through the post pardom depression and literally had to pray with each step my feet took in order to walk! This year, I am still listening, but one that I know I will hold onto for 2007 is Ex 16:28, "How long do you refuse to keep My commandments and My instructions?" I feel God has given me so many insights into how to improve our family and walk in obedience, yet I refuse to just do it! So 2007 is the year to just do it!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

HollyAnn, Keep writing, I love reading what you are thinking! I am praying for you regarding the agency and all your responsibilities. You are truly a blessing to me and I am so glad God formed our friendship. God Bless and I will keep checking back : ) Love, Crystal

Melissa said...

You have an official babysitter anytime you and John want to go out!!

Emily said...

Great we are sharing the official babysitter......... :) Until she ships off to Liberia that is! I will pray that you accomplish all your goals! If you manage that can you come teach me how.