Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Birthday, Ava!!





My baby turned two yesterday. I didn't have the energy and we really didn't have the money to throw a party, so we just took a family trip to Chuck E. Cheese to celebrate. Then we had cake and ice cream today with Nana and Granddad and Uncle Jason after church.



I can't believe my baby is two years old! Ava is the little surprise package that we learned about just two months after my trip to Sierra Leone to adopt Eden. I told John I was pregnant with Ava by turning on the light in the middle of the night and saying, "Well I guess you will be the one to go back to Africa to get Eden." We ahd been fighting about who would go get her! He was totally asleep and took a minute to even realize I was talking to him...then I said it again and showed him the test! We had no idea at that moment just what a precious gift and ray of hope Miss Ava would be for us. When we learned that Eden's adoption had failed, it was the life I carried inside of me that kept me from going crazy. I knew I had to hold it together because someone inside was relying on me!

Then when she came, she was more than a mom could ask for in such a little bundle! Now two years later, she is still such a joy! She makes me laugh when I need it, and reminds me regularly not to take life too seriously! She is the calm in the storm of my other strong-willed children! She can tear up a room faster than any of the other children, but at the same time she is the most laid back and easy-going child I have met. She just rolls with the punches!

So Happy Birthday my baby girl! I love you!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday sweet Ava!!!!!!!

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday Miss Ava!!!! What a blessing to you all. Aren't suprises the best!!! God Bless you guys~ Hugs- Crystal

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

Happy Birthday sweet Ava!