Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Calling all prayer warriors!

We need all of you prayer warriors to hit your knees for the people of Liberia! The battle is fierce! I have never experienced anything like this in my life to even compare it to except through my work in Liberia. In my time with God this morning, He impressed on me the dire need for prayer in order to defeat the powers of darkness that are seeking to keep these people captive....not just captive here in this world, but more importantly, captive for eternity! I know it is hard to imagine in this day and age that there are people who have never heard the gospel, but I have learned of a county in Liberia where that is so! God has sent two men our direction who are working there, diving connections that only God could bring about. I pray we have the opportunity to work there.

This is what God gave me this morning that I would ask that you pray with me for the people of Liberia!

"How blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord his God, who made heaven and earth, the sea and all that is in them; who keeps faith forever; who executes justice for the oppressed; who gives food to the hungry. The Lord sets the prisoners free. The Lord opens the eyes of the blind...He supports the fatherless and the widow, but He thwarts the way of the wicked," Psalm 146 (emphasis mine)

Praise God! I have to say that after a couple of weeks of trying to pretend like I never heard of a little country called Liberia because I am just so weary of the battles, my spirit is soaring this morning! I am ready for the battle! But I need an army! I need prayer warriors! If you would pray for Addy's Hope, Kami and Jeremy who are there now on the front lines fighting the battle to get the new home and school up, Amos who is our country director and has to fight this battle every day on the front lines: a battle that really we can't even comprehend here in America, if you would pray for us, would you leave me a comment?...just so I can know in the bad times that there are people praying.

Headed to battle!

7 comments:

SteveW said...

Praying...

Danielle said...

I continue to pray for the people of Liberia, the workers, and the children...

Ginny said...

We will continue to pray for Liberia!

Anonymous said...

Your family, your ministry, and the people in Liberia will always been in our prayers. Daily. (and spontaneously throughout the day too).

AbbyW said...

By God's grace I'll pray!

Kneeling with you,

Abby

Corrie said...

My family is praying... we're waiting for our 2 children there to come home through CAS. God led me today to Isaiah 14:24 & 27
"The Lord Almighty has sworn, 'Surely, as I have promised, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so it will stand...For the Lord Almighty has purposed, and who can thwart him? His hand is stretched out, and who can turn it back?'"
We are very concerned, but clinging to the knowledge that GOD IS BIGGER AND CAN CUT OFF HIS ENEMIES!
We're thankful for all you do and we stand with you in asking for God's MIGHTY intervention!
-Corrie
www.whenyouriseup.blogspot.com

Karen said...

have been, and will continue to pray!