Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Lord, He is God!

"The Lord, He is God!" This is what the people cried after Elijah prayed for and God provided fire to fall down on the alter that was drenched and surrounded by water! That is what the people of Liberia will pray when they hear of what God has done through the faithful servants working with our ministry!

We have a team of 11 people in country right now...$25,000 in plane tickets (that doesn't include shots, visas, etc for all 11 people). Most of the team are just faithful servants of God on mission to make His glory known. They are not adopting...they have no agenda other than to server the "least of these" in Liberia.

But once again, the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, Deputy Minister Joseph Geebro to be exact, is putting a stop to it. We need a letter from the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare to write a letter of clearance for our container to leave port. Without the letter, we will have to pay $5800 in duties. $5800 that could serve the people of Liberia, but instead will go to duties that will probably pad some officials pocket instead of educating these faces!

The injustice is too much to just sit on! The intent of the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare must be known! Elijah took on 450 prophets of Baal because he knew his God is Lord! I know that too! I never make a move with out thoroughly praying through it, and that includes posts to my blog...for all those naysayers who think I should be silent about these injustices! It is because too many people have been too silent for too long that these injustices are allowed to continue!

We now have the Liberian government, Senators, Dr. McClain (Chief of Staff/Minister of State) standing by while humanitarian aid to the Liberian people is blocked! Yet, we, US tax payers, are going to allow our government to send millions on top of the billion already sent to this government? For real?????

Please pray for our team over there! They are great! They are keeping their eyes on God...there are moments when they think they are going to sink, but then they refocus, and they are doing an amazing job at seeking God at each wall they hit and seeking the direction He woudl have them go! As I type they are trying to figure out how to pay that $5800 and still make the home and school all that God called them to. We know God can do it! He reminded me this morning that paying the $5800 now doesn't mean He will not provide for all that is needed later! Pray that encouragement for the team also! Pray for our poor country director and Pastor who have to deal with this daily! I don't know how they do it! Pray for the people of Margibi county who are already using ou water well because theirs is broken, and now know that their own government is stopping a container of necessities that would benefit them!

Pray for me...I hate to sound selfish, but all this wears me out! I am geared up and in the Spirit right now, but it will take all of 10 minutes after the kids wake up for me to lose focus and get in the flesh! Then the depression and despair hit and I want to quit it all. But that is not what God is telling me...but sometimes it just seems easier to walk away than to walk with God...I know that is a lie from the pit of hell, but so easy to believe in my weak times!

I promised transparent steps as I walk this journey! So there ya go! :)

Oh, did I mention that by 7 am this morning I had already drank a whole pot of coffee...somethins I don't usually do all day?!

2 comments:

Lacy said...

Wow, I don't see how you are not emotionallay and mentally exhausting everyday. Keep up the fight--I know God made you for this and I always see the passion of your heart overflowing in your posts. I know it feels wonderful to be walking in God's will but I also know His will exhausts us if we are not completely focused on Him through it all. It is always hard to walk against our own flesh and a struggle minute by minute. Praying for you and everyone involved and for those precious faces.

Danielle said...

~Nothing is too great for God.

When I start feeling the way you do, I put myself in check. It isn't me that has to accomplish anything. "I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me."

Praying that the Lord would strengthen you at this time, that you would feel His peace. Praying for the Liberian people, all those precious children...praying that the Lord would work out this issue with the monetary need.
In Jesus's name.

You are an inspiration...and a blessing.
Thank you for sharing this part of your life. I get to live the life of a missionary vicariously through you...until it's my turn:)

Love,
Danielle