Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Trust & Obedience

Trust & Obedience: two words that seem to be coming up consistently in my life. Two words that I am not necessarily fond of, two words I know are for my own good, two words that mean I am being stretched beyond where I have been stretched before even though I thought I would break that time.

On my face tonight. Begging God to show Himself to me, and once again two words....the widow says (could be HollyAnn says these days) in 1 Kings 17:12 "As the Lord your God lives, I have no bread, only a handful of flour in the bowl and a little oil in the jar; and behold, I am gathering a few sticks that I may go in and prepare for me and my son, that we may eat it and die." Obviously she has not heard the scripture about taking thoughts captive...oh yeah, that is in the New Testament...hadn't been written yet! So I guess she is off the hook, I however, am not! Drats!

So here is Elijah's response: "Do not fear, go, do as you have said, but make me a little bread cake from it FIRST and bring it out to me, and AFTERWARD you may make one for yourself and for you son." (emphasis mine). So I had to write in my margin: "trust & obedience first" There's those two words again.......

No comments: