Thursday, April 9, 2009

my new obsession..

I have always loved material....but stink at sewing! I have made one outfit for Callie, and John forbid me from ever sewing clothes again! So I moved to scrap booking because now they have amazing paper! I love all the colors, designs, etc. But now they have ribbon that is gorgeous! Hobby Lobby just came out with a line that is the same as scrapbook paper! So I am back to making bows for Ava to match her outfits and having a blast! I didn't dress her all up with matching stuff when she was a baby like I did Callie. It was during that time that I had my worst bouts with depression and barely had enough umph in me to get her dressed, much less all dolled up!


Then we went to a craft show and saw these flip-flops...so I have started making them! It lets me do something with all the fun ribbon! I made Callie and I some too, but I didn't take a picture of them. I have missed crafting! But I am still struggling from the lack of sleep as I had to stay up until 1 am to have time to do these!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Too adorable!!!! You should go into your own business with those! I could never tie a good bow. I'm too much of a perfectionist. You do great work!

Crystal said...

I LOVE THOSE! Isn't it fun to have one creative outlet. I have to makes things to our I get alittle crazy : ) Now, you've inspired me, I will have to make a trip to Hobby Lobby~

Lacy said...

Wow, Ava is getting so big and losing her baby chub. :( The oufit, bow, and flops are so cute. You are multi talented. :)