Friday, June 26, 2009

Capitol Hill

Capitol Hill, here I come! I have meetings with three rep/senator's offices today with hopes of sneaking in two or three more with a visit to the Liberian Embassy. I'm thinking I will be working through lunch! ha!

As I have made the arrangements to meet these people over the last couple of days, the question that keeps coming up is, "what am I doing here?!" The only answer can be: GOD! I am just a little 'ol housewife from a far West Texas town. But somewhere along the way, God gave me a passion for the rights of the poor and hopeless of Liberia (Proverbs 29:7). He has called me to a be a voice to those with no voice...not just for the children, but for their parents and grandparents as well!

So today I go as not an ambassador for Liberia, but an Ambassador for Christ's Kingdom. Asking those with more power than myself to help out my brother's and sister's in Christ.

If you are just an ordinary person who God has put an extraordinary dream in your heart, GO FOR IT! Me being on capitol hill is proof that ALL things are possible with God!

No comments: