Thursday, June 18, 2009

Today

"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." ~Matthew 6:34

John took Ava to get her blood work done early this morning. He took her yesterday, but no one had told us she had to fast for 12 hours, so they went back this morning. That is done.

We were even able to get the "pee in a cup"! You got to love doing that with a three year old! They even gave us little bags that 'attach' to her to try to collect it. OK, I know, TMI!

Tests are officially done, now we wait. Not sure how to really wait for something like this, but I figure there is no use worrying about what we don't even know what we are worrying about! All tests could come back totally normal or just a dietary issue that requires some adjustments in our diet and physical/occupational therapy. I am learning everything in life is relative! That might have sounded horrible in days past, but when you stare a terminal illness in the face for your child, diet and therapy send you dancing in the streets!

I have lots of peace today. Probably because I have SO MUCH to get done over the next two weeks personally and agency wise that it is easy to keep my mind distracted! Plus, I just keep thinking that if Ava had been the last child instead of the first to go in for the well-visit, we wouldn't have known any of this until the end of July! So for at least a little while I can put it to the back of my mind and go on with life as usual.

So for today, with all we can do for now done, I will not worry about tomorrow...today has enough to do on its own!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, HollyAnn. I am so thankful you said that verse. I just quoted that verse jsut yesterday. I wanted to respond when I heard, but there is Nothing I could say. Why do we have "fix-it" minds? God is in the fix-it business, so I prayed for you this morning.

You and I are in the same boat - only meaning you and I have gotten some tragic news that could/has/is our lives upside down. I choose to stand with God. He has prepared me, grown me for such a time. I tell myself over & over "He has not left me or abandoned me"....So as I stand in these uncertain waters, and when I feel the waves crashing over me, and those times I just want to gasp out for air...I will remember you and pray.

Instantly Mama said...

I'm praying Hollyann!