Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A good place to be

We still do not have results from Ava's tests. I will probably call them tomorrow. They said a week, and today was one week.

We have had several people ask me how we are doing. Honestly, great! I know that sounds horrible, but we really are! I hardly ever even think about it. At first, I thought it was because I was in denial, but truly I think I am just in a good place.

I am reading Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On by Stormie Omartian. She described it great in there. She says, "God sometimes allows things to get very dark in our lives in order to grow us up and teach us about Himself. And some things that we accomplish in the darkness cannot happen in any other setting....This is not the darkness of evil, which you can clearly sense. Or the darkness of our own disobedience, which we know in our hearts. This is a different kind of darkness, and God says there are treasures to be found there. "I will give you treasures of darkness and hidden riches f secret places, that you may know that I, the Lord, who calls you by your name, am the God if Israel." Isaiah 45:3

This is how I feel. There is just a weird sense of calm..unexplainable peace and almost an excitement to see what God is going to do. I have had a really hard time with trusting God and believing He is good since I came home from Sierra Leone with out Eden. However, in this situation with Ava, I have total trust...not in an outcome (that the tests are all negative), but in God! Really just an unexplainable peace and joy. It is a good place to be!

1 comment:

Lacy said...

I completely understand that peace and glad you are feeling it as well.