Sunday, June 30, 2013

Heavenly Father Knows Best

When God said to move from our 7th house in just 8 years of marriage, I wasn't exactly respectful in my reply...in fact, I think it went something like "are you kidding me?!"  But He said to move for a swimming pool and a 5th bedroom.  We only had three children at the time!  And we were in a nice, comfortable, three bedroom, two bath home.  But God said move, so we started looking!

Today as I enjoyed one of our numerous family times in the pool, connecting and playing with 5 of our 7 children, I was reminded of how God sees the future that we have not a clue is around the corner!  God knew when he told us to move that the next 5 years would bring 4 more children.  He knew that 5th bedroom would go from a luxury to a necessity.  He knew the bedrooms that I thought were quite the waist of space because they are HUGE compared to most bedrooms these days along with their double walk in closets in each room were going to be a huge blessing to our now equally as HUGE family! He knew that the pool would provide one of the few activities that all our children with their 16 year age difference would enjoy....and it's free!

As I reflect on that, it makes some of the things God is telling me today to do that seem quite unnecessary, a little more exciting!  I could never have dreamed what the pool and 5th bedroom would mean!  Makes me want to jump into obedience in the areas God is asking me to walk right now with great anticipation of what is just around the corner that I can't see yet....but He knows!  It's a great reminder that God always knows what's best and will guide me in the paths that will bring me to more than I could ever hope or imagine if I will simply focus on Him and walk in obedience!

And now to consume some pizza with my amazing kiddos and fabulous husband while we end our Sunday family day with a movie!  Ever so thankful for the family God has built...truly a family built on faith!

No comments: