Thursday, July 2, 2009

Fundraisers!

I am posting to ask for your help in raising funds for a mission trip to Liberia the end of this month. I am finally getting to go on a mission trip to Liberia! I am sure I will have to do some adoption work, but the main goal of the trip is to teach birthing classes in the villages with my friend who is a midwife. Well, she will be teaching and I will be assisting. Callie is going with me! She and I both are so excited about that. Addy's Hope will not be funding any of this trip as Addy's Hope can't even pay salaries right now! So the fund raising is up to me...the world's worst fund raiser! Tickets have increased since I last traveled. With Callie and I both traveling, we are needing to raise about $7,500. We raised enough at our garage sale to get Callie's visa and help with our guest house fees. We are about $7,000 short! But I am trusting God to provide...and asking for your help to spread the word about two fundraisers I am doing. I would be most grateful if you would let any inter-racial families know about the t-shirt and spread these fundraisers with a link on your blog if you would! I appreciate it greatly!

The first is the sale of the t-shirt I designed and shared on here a few weeks ago. It is for inter-racial families. I will order them after I get a few orders as they are cheaper the more I order...so the more money we raise! :) I share that to tell you it may be a couple of weeks or more before I get the shirt shipped to you! Adult sizes are $15.00 and children's sizes are $10.00. Here is the t-shirt (DO NOT CLICK THE BUY BUTTON - I'M ORDERING THEM LOCALLY):









Make custom t-shirts at CustomInk.com



E-mail me at hollyann@addyshope.com with your order, or you can leave a comment with your order.

The other fundraiser is a fun and unique raffle! We are selling raffle tickets for this beautiful wooden hand-carved nativity set from Liberia. We are selling 100 numbered tickets. The price of the ticket is the number on the ticket (i.e.: ticket #1 is $1, ticket #2 is $2...#50 is $50 etc). So you want to purchase your ticket fast to get the best deal on a ticket! You can e-mail me at hollyann@addyshope.com to find out which tickets are available. There are 11 pieces total (a sheep is hiding behind the donkey)! This is the #1 requested souvenir from Liberia!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

HollyAnn,
I am so jealous, I so want to go back to Liberia and work with the women there. Maybe next year! I also think that I may be getting one of your shirts, I love it. As far as the nativity, I just bought one when I was there in Oct.:(. Please keep me posted. I also can't wait to hear about your trip, like I said before, Liberia is so heavy on my heart right now, I just miss it.

Andrea

whenpigsfly said...

So excited about this trip, as you know. Charlie and I talked about the possibility of my coming along as midwife #2..........lots of things to iron out, but this could very well be what God has had me feeling restless about for the past week and ahalf. I THOUGHT He was up to something!!! Do car washes go well for you there? WE have been SO SUPER blessed every time we have held one here..I mean SUPER BLESSED!!!!!