Tuesday, July 21, 2009

How much?

Is it ever ok to just tell God you can't do it? Is it ok to tell him you have taken all the stones from fellow Christians you can take with out literally laying down and dying? When asked what is the hardest part of my job...it wouldn't be the governments...I can deal with them, it is fellow Christians who think they have it all together and cast stones at me for the work I do in caring for the children in Liberia.

Some of those people read my blog...I'm sure they will take great pleasure in my defeat! They can be proud to know the enemy has used them well!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I've never known to you run from adversity! You are a fighter and an awesome warrior for His kingdom!

Phillipians 1:27-30
2 Corinthians 4

"God will use whatever he wants to display his glory. Heavens and stars. History and nations. People and problems.
Rather than begrudge your problem, explore it. Ponder it. And most of all, use it. Use it to the glory of God.
Through your problems and mine, may God be seen."
-Max Lucado

Anonymous said...

My mom would say, "Let us not be weary in well doing, for we shall reap a harvest, if we faint not."

I say, "Kick 'em in the shin!"

Um, I'd listen to my mom.

Amy said...

I'm sorry sweet friend. Sorry that sometimes it's Christians who prevent others from following Christ. Love you, love your heart for these precious children from Liberia, and love that you are NOT going to let ANYONE stop you from what God has called YOU to do. Praying!! Amy

Not Betty Crocker said...

Hugs to you! Hope things are better soon. Thanks for always answering my crazy emails so promptly. Love ya!

Lila

Ginny said...

You are not defeated. I know you aren't. We are praying for you.

Andrea said...

I am praying HollyAnn!! Read my blog if you get a chance, for some reason our topics are similar, I have witnessed the same thing lately!! Hang in there, God sees what you are doing and he sees your heart (which is very good I might add). Wish I was down your way so I could help you!!

Andrea