Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Journey: We said no

We had a call today for another foster referral. We said no. This is only the second time in my life I have ever said no to a direct referral to our family. It's hard! I have to rely on John. I would take them all, but that is not what is best for me or my family. John is the voice of reason and wisdom at these times. It used to be a problem. He would say no, and I would get irate! But now I know God placed John and his heart with mine to keep balance.

Truly, we agreed on this decision. I would probably still have taken him, because I know there is a "him" coming, but if we took this one, we might have missed the one God has picked out for us....I totally believe God hand picks ALL our children - adopted, biological and foster! And I believe those desires he places in our hearts for ages, sex or race leads us to the child that He has for us. I always encourage adoptive parents to pay attention to those longings placed in their heart concerning those things. Obviously, we need to pray about them and make sure they are not selfish desires, but since adoption is a string of decisions made that ultimately makes a difference in the child you will receive, I firmly believe God directs us with those longings and desires as we make the decisions.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Hi:)

Wondering if you heard how the meeting went with the officials in Liberia??

Your family is beautiful and a blessing to watch grow!

~Danielle

HollyAnn said...

Hi Danielle! Actually, the meeting was postponed again! It is Liberia, ya know! :) Their independence day is Monday, so we are expecting it to happen sometime after that. We are praying it is soon so that the truth can be told!!!