Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Journey: The Meeting is over

Went to the Permanency meeting. Thought I was prepared for everything, but turns out I was wrong. Wasn't prepared for a question they asked Baby Girl's Mother. They asked if she would be willing to sign paper to allow us to adopt Baby Girl. Really wasn't prepared for her answer: "yes".

Two times in my life now I have sat at a table with a young mother and heard her say she would be willing for me to take her child as mine. There are no words. Only tears....I tried, but couldn't stop them. Baby Girl's Grandmother was there, whom we have a wonderful relationship with, and she mouthed, "It's ok!". I just shook me head and smiled as the tears ran.

No papers have been signed, and as they say, it ain't over till it's over. But the fact that Baby Girl's mother would even consider adoption by choice is a new development and makes my heart sing..at least for a short bit.

But at the same time as it sings, it breaks. Breaks for a mom who for whatever reason can't get it together enough to parent her child. My prayers is still that one day, she will! One day she will have a life that will allow her to parent a child to adulthood. Many would say that is an impossibility and would wonder why I would even think about that. But I serve a God of impossibilities, and I still want that life for Baby Girl's Mother.

Thank you for your prayers! They were answered, and I would say God provided an answer that is more amazing than I had even thought to ask for! Praise Him!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! What a morning! I think it's wonderful that there are people in this world like you and John and I also love that you share your experiences so freely so that people like me can be enlightened and encouraged by your words! I love reading your stories and it still amazes me that this is your real life! PTL!

Bonky's Mom said...

It's never an easy thing just to phase birth parents out, but for precious M's sake I am thankful they are moving on her case and looking for permanency. And because people are always redeemable we shall continue to look toward our Big God for His redemptive work in the life of her b-mom.