Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Journey: Permanency Meeting Today

We have what they call a permanency meeting today. It is when all parties involved in the child's life meet to discuss the best plan to provide a place of permanency for the child. It's a bit crazy to go to a meeting where people are discussing the fate of a child you already consider yours. But the reality is, she is not mine...and I try to keep that perspective as we go about daily life.

Really the only apprehension I have is facing Baby Girl's mother as they possibly tell her that the recommendation will be termination. I don't approach this subject with Baby Girl's Mother as I don't ever want her to feel like we are trying to take Baby Girl from her. I would fight if I had to, but my prayer is that the system will work and they will do what is best for Baby Girl and the brunt of this will rest on the system. I'm not just being a chicken here. But when we started this journey, I didn't know if we were here for Baby Girl or for Mother. So, I have a heart for Mother. I know many find that hard to believe, but I truly do. My prayer through this has been that God would give me His eyes to see all parties. He answered that. I didn't know what I was asking when I prayed that. I think it makes it much harder as I will hurt with Baby Girl's Mother instead of just celebrating Baby Girl being mine.

Please pray for all parties involved this morning. Pray for Baby Girl's Mother that God would prepare her heart for what the meeting might bring and somehow this would draw her to Him. Pray that I will accurately represent the heart of God with every word and action I have in the meeting.

Here I go...

No comments: