Monday, July 5, 2010

The thing I don't want to do...

It's 11:34
I can't sleep
My house is quiet
My mind will not be

There is something I need to do
Something I don't want to do
Something I have needed to do for some time
Something I don't know how to do
Something that has grown harder with each step
Even as I got out of bed knowing I wouldn't sleep until it was done...
I found things to do to procrastinate doing it
Like totally messing up my blog while trying to redesigning it

I can put it off no longer
Slow obedience is no obedience
God has said to do it
I must do it
I don't know how
I sit with my Bible beside me
I will read until I know how
Until I have the words and more than that, the strength

It is a good thing
It is a God thing
More good than not
so many questions
So few answers

It is time
"If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all." ~Isaiah 7:9
Lord, help my unbelief!

No comments: