Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Journey: A crazy Week!

This week is one of those when I wonder how foster homes where both parents work make it! This is what happened this week:
Monday - 10-12 birth mom visit in the town 20 miles away
Tuesday - 10 well check that we didn't leave until almost noon
Wednesday - 10:30 permanency meeting in that same town that is 20 miles away
Thursday - 10 meeting with social worker from Buckner (didn't show or call grrrrrr....)
Thursday - 1 meeting with other social worker from Buckner for quarterly visit

And that doesn't include all the phone calls made or conversations I had to have pertaining to Baby Girl! AND she doesn't have therapist appointments like so many do.

It is sooo worth it, but it definitely isn't just taking care of another child like your own. Lots of paperwork and meetings involved.

It has been a crazy week! And on top of it all, John was out of town on business until last night. No wonder I'm tire! :) But it is all worth it!!!! And I think everyone should do it! :) We need more foster families! My foster home developer told me today that they are turning away 8-10 kids a week because they just don't have homes! Craziness!

2 comments:

Carey said...

As much as I'd like to do fostercare my concern with working full-time is how would I give that child all the love and attention they need.

What happens when they turn kids away? How can they, aren't they coming from bad situations?

HollyAnn said...

Carey - I should clarify...Buckner turns them away...but CPS still has to find a home. Right now that means that kids from our are are being taken as far away as San Antonio and Dallas. This makes reunification/visits very difficult!

I thought after I posted that about it being a full time job that I should have worded it differently for just the reason you put! I know CPS assists in taking the kids to visits for full time working people. If God has laid it on your heart, I would TOTALLY encourage you to look into it further! You guys would be great!