Saturday, July 10, 2010

My amazing daughter!








I truly have an amazing daughter! She is my oldest...my first born. John tells her all the time that we are so sorry that she has to be our guinea pig for parenting (he is the oldest too, so he relates!). Its true, though. Ten years ago, we were clueless as to how to be a parent. I wouldn't say we have it figured out now by any means, but I do think with age comes wisdom and at the very least, I have some of my priorities more in order than I did 10 years ago!

Callie is 10 going on 20! She has always been mature from her age...almost from the womb! Because of that, I think I take for granted her maturity in so many areas, and probably expect more from her than I should.

She has had a perception of the spiritual world from the beginning, I'm pretty sure. I know as soon as she could talk, she asked questions that I didn't even know to ask until I was almost an adult, like at 4 she says, "Mommy, how do you know when God is talking to you?" Me: "Well, He sounds like your voice, but you Know it is Him because you learn to know His voice." long pause: "Mommy, what if He tells me something different than you do" Me: "He won't. Right now He sounds a whole lot like me!" Ok, probably not one of my most positive moments in spiritual parenting, but I wasn't exactly ready for that from a 4 year old. Callie had a recurring "visitor" in her room from the time she could talk until she turned her life over to Jesus. His name was Red Rover. Even now, when she talks about it, I am amazed. She has seen and been spoken to by angels. She has an amazing heart for the less fortunate. She blossomed when Toben came home. She took him under her wing and has done the same with Baby Girl.

She already serves in our church by volunteering in the two year old class on Sunday mornings. I love to hear her talk about "her" babies! She loves those little ones...in fact, she has talked about moving up to the three year olds if there is room in the class for another volunteer because she misses the ones that have already moved into there. She also serves on the children's Praise Band in the Movers and Shakers! She goes around the house singing her songs and doing the motions! I love it!

All this is coming today, this morning because God woke me up at 5 for coffee! I love it when He does that! Morning has always been my favorite time of day. I love it when my house is quiet and it is just me, God, my coffee and my Bible! However, over the past couple of years as I have battled depression, mornings have turned into very hard times for me. So on mornings like this when He just wakes me up and speaks, I love it! Well, at 6, Callie's alarm goes off. She had set it so that she could get up and move her laundry from the washer to the dryer and then go back to bed! Seriously, what 10 year old does their own laundry (she is not required to do this) much less sets their alarm to get up and switch it?! I am blessed to have her as a daughter! She is amazing and I can't wait to see what God does with her life!

Callie Grace, I love you!!!!
~Mom

No comments: