Friday, February 29, 2008

Tomorrow is Friday...I didn't know....

A dear friend of mine sent me this e-mail yesterday. This is not a forward...my friend wrote this. She lives here in Midland. I couldn't even respond except to ask her permission to post this. Her facts are from the people she spoke to there by the parking lot, so she put the disclaimer that she has not researched the facts, but today, this morning, as she e-mailed me permission to post this, she said the parking lot is full and a parking attendant is there to tell ladies where to park when the spaces run out.....God help us!


Dear Wonderful Brothers & Sisters and Friends in the Lord,
It has been some time since you have heard from me on an update. Some of you I see often, but most of you I miss more than time has allotted us to fellowship.
Last week, I started working for a new organization .... I will share more about that in a later letter. Mainly I must tell you what happened last Friday. My first Friday here. I got up early and got ready for work. While I was getting ready I just kept thinking about a dear friend of mine. I couldn't get her off my mind, so I knew that I had to call. I've found that when that happens (you just can't get someone off your mind - you should just pray because they need you to at that moment in time) you should just call. Well, I called her and she was very sick. She had been vomiting all morning long. I prayed for her and just visited with her a bit. Then I went on to work. When I got there, there were all these people outside the building next door. The little dismal gray office building next door has a razor wire fence around the parking and it as well. Every single parking place was filled - there must have been about 15-20 cars there. There were a couple of ladies sitting outside the building on a bench. And outside the fence there were people holding signs. There was even a Catholic priest standing outside the razor wire fencing. What a picture. I got outside my car and my phone rang just as I did. I answered and it was my friend that I had called that morning. She said that she felt like the Lord told her to call me back. She was just about to tell me something and I saw this man walking next to the building, so I asked her to wait just one minute while I asked him what was going on. I had told her about the scene. He came over and I asked, "what is going on?" He said, "Today is Friday." I looked at him clueless as to what that meant. He said, "Well, today is abortion day. Every Friday is the day the doctors come to Planned Parenthood and perform the abortions that the ladies wait all week for." He said that he wasn't sure if it was 4000 babies every 6 months or every year that they kill here at the Midland office. I was just in shock. 4000....I grew up in a town of 783 people. Right next door to my building all these murders take place every Friday. My friend was listening on the phone. She just started sobbing. She said, "Now I know why I've been throwing up."
14 Years ago she went to Planned Parenthood. No husband. Pregnant. Her boyfriend left her. No career. They told her she just needed to get an abortion. She couldn't provide for the baby. What kind of mother would she be and what kind of life would the baby have. "Just have an abortion."
She didn't. Her son is now 13. He loves the Lord, is an awesome kid that is a great athlete. All his brothers and sisters look up to him and he is a naturally gifted leader. Not to mention the talk of all the other 13 year old little girls. The Lord provided in an amazing way. My friend went home from Planned Parenthood. Went to the Lord and He provided an awesome Godly man who loves that son as his own, because he is his own with all his heart. My friend wants to come and pray on Fridays at my office building.
When I park, I look at that Planned Parenthood. Tomorrow I am sure the parking lot will be full. It is really hard to work where I do in a way. My organization goes into prisons and teaches marriage enrichment courses for inmates who have spouses on the outside. They have an 85% divorce rate within the first year of getting released. We go into prisons to set the captives free, and right next door, everyday ladies are willing and walking into captivity, believing the lies of the enemy as he says - There is no hope....you have no choice. It is hard to work when I know at that moment just yards away a silent genocide is taking place. A little person...no voice of their own...just killed. Unloved and unwanted by a mother who knows no better and has no hope in her life. She just doesn't know.

Please, please pray with me tomorrow. I pray the Lord will overwhelm the ladies and workers in Planned Parenthood with His love and grace and call them to no longer be deceived to serving a god and idol of convenience. 42 million so far....and counting. 40 more million than those killed in Sudan. Midland would have around 140,000 people instead of 100,000 if all the babies hadn't been killed over this past decade. This past week a man was on his knees on the corner praying openly. He was wearing a tie and business suit. It didn't matter to him that he could rip his pants or lose time in the work day or what it looked like to anyone watching. I am praying the Lord will give me the courage and opportunity to befriend the workers there. It is the love and mercy of the Lord that changes lives, hearts, and eternities. I once was lost, but now I am found. They do not know what they do. Please help me and pray for that opportunity for me and the love that I do not have myself, but that He alone can give.

Tomorrow is Friday....I didn't know....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW. Thanks for posting this. It blows me away.

Anonymous said...

wow

Emily said...

wow thats shocking!