Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentines Day....

John and I have never been big Valentine's Day celebrators (is that a word???). But this year, it just seems that I need to mark this day with a few things, in no particular order, that I appreciate about my M.O.G. (aka: Man of God).

1. He shares my love of God! There is no way this man could have put up with all my hair brain ideas if he didn't understand my desire to live a life sold out to God and walking with God in total faith....sometimes stupidity in faith's clothing..... if he didn't share my love of God and desire to honor Him with our lives!

2. We have the same taste in decor. When we met, we had the exact same living room furniture! We both love to decorate, so I am so thankful we share the same taste! I love that he helps me decorate our home and appreciates the time I put into making our home a pretty place to be.

3. He agreed to go from "I only want one child, and she is here" to being a daddy of four very diverse children. Even if he does tell people now that the first years (Callie) and the last years (Ava) were great. But those middle years (Noah and Toben) were a little rough! ha!ha! When you lead the life we live, you have to keep a sense of humor! :)

4. He still loves me and tells me how beautiful I am even though there is more than 50 more pounds of me now than when we met!

5. He is a master handy man! See previous posts for his most recent projects!

6. He is an awesome provider! He has provided for our family in a way that has allowed us to live more than comfortably and me to be able to stay home with our children even when he didn't really see the true value in that (he now is the biggest stay-at-home-mom advocate you will find!)

7. He is a man worthy of my respect. I haven't always valued that part of him. We have had some rocky years where respect didn't come easy because of different issues. But I can proudly and freely say today that I respect him more than any man I know! God has truly blessed me!

8. He loves to curl up in bed with rocky road ice cream and watch home improvement shows with me! :)

9. I fell in love with him when he was playing the piano and fall in love all over again every time he plays! He is a very talented musician and uses those talents to praise God!

10. He has stuck by me for 10 years! That means he is just as committed to me as I am to him! That is a hard thing to find in this world these days. Many of those 1o years have been a struggle because of both of our "issues"! But as we embark on year 11, I can say that I am soooo excited about our future! God is doing a work in us and I know that He will not stop until the work is complete! I pray that He allows us many more years together to complete the work!

I love you, John! Thank you for asking me to be your wife 11 years ago! I would say yes all over again today! I am blessed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How precious. It is wonderful to see such a great marriage and partnership!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome post!

Bonky's Mom said...

lovely post--thanks for giving us a glimpse into your sweet marriage!