Monday, May 18, 2009

Looking for reading buddies!

Friends and strangers,

I need reading buddies! I am coming out of a fierce dark and dry time of doubting, hurting, bleeding and wanting to just die. But since I have breath this morning, God is not done with me so I must carry on and frankly I would like to be much more effective than I have been the last few weeks in my stupor!

Soooooo..I am asking for you to join me. I know many are wrapping up Bible Studies, etc for the summer. Satan has used isolation to just about kill me many times in my life. This is one of those times!

As I prayed this morning about how to fill any empty spaces in me with Jesus, God reminded me of a book I had bought but never read, Dangerous Surrender by Kay Warren. I know several who have read it and highly recmmond it if you are ready to be undone! I have been undone lately, but I was undone for the wrong team! So I am picking this book up to get back in the game on the right team and be undone for Jesus Christ!

If you would like to join me, I would LOVE IT! We will have a "book club" so to speak. What I will do is put discussion questions on my blog to get us started. Then everyone can post comment about their thoughts and reactions from the chapter. If you have questions you want to discuss, post them to the comments, or e-mail them to me and I will include them in the discussion questions! Invite anyone you want! The more the merrier! I am ready to be undone and want to take as many people as possible with me! :>)

We will officially start on Wednesday which will give people a couple of days to get the book. We will just do three chapters a week which means it will take us 4 weeks to complete and maybe will help people not get too far behind if they are on vacation or something for one of the weeks.

We will just do two chapters this week to give people a chance to get the book and not get backed up....I wish I had this brain storm earlier as I want to just read the book in one sitting! :) But I will wait for you guys!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Like another online book study??

HollyAnn said...

Man, you're fast! I accidentally posted just the title...you got a look before I got the rest finished! Yes, an on-line book discussion!

Amanda said...

Well, I have been thinking about this alot. I really want to participate. I am doing two book studies right now. I just don't think I can devote myself 100%. Let me know if you do one in June/July.

Chantelle said...

Well 1st of all, I will be praying for you and your 'un-done-ness'. I will also pray about possibly joining your book discussion. At the very least, I will commit to reading what YOU learn and blog about it! :) God bless!