Friday, May 1, 2009

Pics from the Summitt

Still processing it all....will probably still be processing it all for a few weeks/ months to come. I am encouraged beyond anything I have ever experienced before in this orphan care/adoption ministry. However, the thought of returning to the mess had me on my face and in tears when it was all said and done!

One of the amazing things about the Summitt was meeting people I call friend for the first time in flesh and blood! Here is a dear friend who has been a huge encouragement to me....got to see her for the first time in 3-D! :) Me and Jodi!
This is an amazing young man from Liberia! I have one of his quotes in yesterdays blog. We had the priviledge of getting to know Lightning and his parents as well as Bishop Jones (also from Liberia) over the past two days. There was an immediate connection and now it is as if we have known them forever. The best thing Lightning taught me.....how to do Toben's hair like his! I can't wait to experiment! Toben buddy, we are going to have some fun with your hair!





I tell you the world gets smaller by the day! I had met most of the Red Letters Campaign bunch at the Orphan Project fund raising dinner. I got to meet Holly here, and John and Holly reconnected as they grew up in Crane together! Now that is crazy! Two people from Crane ending up at an Orphan Summitt together! What are the odds?!

And this is Callie's heroine! This is Steven Curtis Chapman's oldest daughter, Emily! She is an amazing young woman...as authentic and real as they come! I told her that Callie adores her because she prayed her parents into adoption and Callie is trying to pray her daddy into another baby! Got to have some fun ribbing John with her! She is going to Ireland with her husband for a year to go to Bible College, but when she gets back, we are going to try to get her to come do a fund raiser for us! She said she would love to! Her message is really amazing!


John and I also reconnected with the Scott Hasenbalg, Ex. Director of Shoahannah's Hope.

No comments: