Saturday, May 23, 2009

Words of others

So today is one of those days when I am not sure if we have won the battle or just beaten ourselves up going in circles. I really don't even have any words for today, and if I did, they would probably get me in trouble as my words seem to do so often these days, so instead of trying to say something that comes out all wrong, I will just use the words of others that have spoken to me over the past few weeks.

"When you sit down to dine with a ruler, consider carefully what is before you, and put a knife to your throat if you are a man of great appetite. Do not desire the delicacies, for it is deceptive food." Proverbs 23:1

"We want our lives to make a difference, but we don't want anyone to really know us. We only want to share the sanaitized story of our lives - just the high points" Rick Warren in the foreward to Dangerous Surrender

"Someone once asked me to define Christianity in one word, and after some reflection, I responded, "It all boils down to surrender." Kay Warren in Dangerous Surrender

"
Do not eat the bread of a selfish man, or desire his delicacies; for as he thinks within himself, so he is." Proverbs 23:6

"Much is required from those to whom much is given." Luke 12:48

"I felt powerless to do anything about the new reality thrust in front of me. I cried out to God, "Why are you bothering me with this? There's nothing I can do about it. I'm just an ordinary person. What could one person do about such a gigantic problem?" Kay Warren in Dangerous Surrender

"But if we are not disturbed by the world in which we live, we will be consumed with the trivial, the insignificant, and the temporary. We will spend our days pursuing all the wrong goals, living by the wrong measurement of success, evaluating our legacy by the wrong standard." Kay Warren in Dangerous Surrender

"By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; and by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches." Proverbs 24:3-4

"When we sense God leading us on a journey, we want all of the information up front. We want God to fill out the travel form in triplicate, give us a detailed road map before we start the journey, and guarantee our safe arrival at the destination.....you will have to be willing got say yes in advace - to give God your answer before you've heard the question." Kay Warren in Dangerous Surrender

"Friend, I don't know where you are and I don't know where you've been
Maybe you're fighting for your life or just about to throw the towel in
But if you're crying out for mercy, if there's no hope left at all
If you've given everything you've got and you're still about to fall
Well hold on, hold on, hold on, cause

I believe always, always
Our savior never fails
Even when all faith is gone
God knows our pain and his promise remains
Always, always, He will be with you always" ~Building 429

"I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" Mark 9:24

"What does God want us to do about evil? Is there really anything one person can do? I can tell you what he doesn't want us to do - to ignore it, deny it, pretend it doesn't exist, closer our hearts and minds to it, or hope it goes away by itself. He doesn't want us to appease it, placate it, comrpomise with it, coexist with it, justify it, excuse it, or call it by another name." Kay Warren in Dangerous Surrender

"it [evil] must be acknowledged and dealt with...we will stop exposing it and opposing it, which allows it to settle even deeper into the dark corners of our cities, our institutions, our culture, our very lives." Kay Warren in Dangerous Surrender

"When life ceases to be about you, you become like glass and other people see through you to Christ." Kevin York

No comments: