Monday, July 30, 2012

I'll say it again...

I have said it here before, and I will say it again, GOD equips you for what He calls!  He will also keep you humble! I have had to travel for some training this work for the CPS contract for Addy's Hope.  We are now contracted to place waiting children in the Texas foster system in adoptive homes!  It has been MONTHS in the making!  The training I am at is for the course I have to use to train parents who want to adopt from the state.  As I headed out for the trip, I had to laugh at myself as I thought back to the beginning...when God called us to open an adoption agency.

I was a stay at home mom.  I had been a teacher before that.  The corporate/professional world scared me to death!  But I had to make a trip to Austin in order to even obtain the application to become a licensed agency with the state.  I set out hesitantly to get ready for the trip.  I needed to make my flight reservations.  I worked up the confidence to make the reservation.  I did it and was so proud.  I crawled into bed next to John and said, "I did it!  I will arrive in Houston in just enough time to get to the meeting."  As soon as it came out of my mouth, I wanted to scream!  I had made my flight to the WRONG CITY!!!  It was my first of many lessons on this journey in humility and  a reminder that I am totally and completely reliant on God for this job He has given me!

So today, when I arrived, on time, for my training...in the correct city, I was overjoyed!  Seriously, though, it was a reminder of how far I have come.  The professional world still intimidates me!  But I have learned to look to the One Who gave me this assignment to gain whatever I need to do whatever He asked!

I was reminded of this also as I cried my way out the door this morning leaving my kids behind.  I will be home in 4 days..I used to leave for Liberia for 2-3 weeks at a time multiple times a year!  This morning I wondered how in the world I did that!  God gently reminded me that He gives grace and strength for whatever season we are in!  And that is what he did back then.  And even today as I struggled with leaving, He gave me two examples in the days before I left of moms who have entered a working role after being dedicated stay at home moms and showed me how that pleased Him because it was what He called them to for now....like me.

So tonight I thank God that I know my life's calling.  I thank Him for allowing me to work in my passion and I thank Him for equipping me for each step!