Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Gifted

Yes, I am gifted.  No, I am not conceited!  You are gifted too!  We all are!  God created us with a specific purpose...even before our very first day occurred He had all our days planned!  That's what it says in Psalm 139.  That means when He knit me in my mother's womb, He put me together exactly how He needed to in order for me to fulfill the role I play in this time for the Kingdom.  Now that gets my excited!  And if it doesn't light your fire, well as my Granddaddy would say, your woods wet!

I have been at a training the past two days for a class I will have to use to train prospective adoptive parents in our adoption program for children waiting in the Texas foster system who are legally available for adoption.  There are some really great people at the training...and then there are some really not so great ones also. But as I have listened to the conversations, I become keenly aware that I was made for this work!  My passion and personal experiences give me a perspective that no one else in the training has.  Now I know way better than to get a big head about this!  I know that I have nothing to boast about but Christ in me!  But I can boast about that! So I am!  I am so excited about the months to come at Addy's Hope!  I can't wait to see what God does!  We have so many needs to get us where it feels like we can even start to be effective in these programs, but God promises to abundantly supply all I need to do His work, so I am pressing ahead in faith with great expectation of how abundantly and amazingly He is going to meet each and every one of those needs so we can carry on His work of connecting His children with His loving families so that He will not leave them as orphans!  Everybody hang on!  I think this rides gonna be good!


No comments: