Saturday, October 20, 2007

God's Love is Color-blind

Every since I can remember, I have told people that I wanted to have a child of every color! I LOVED the song "Jesus Loves the Little Children" when I was young. I know God put this passion in my heart at a young age. Well, I was at a friend's birthday party tonight and we were talking with her sister who said they used to tell my friend she was adopted because she has olive skin and they all had fair skin. I light heartedly said my kids don't joke about that because we are a half and half split! Two adopted, two not. Then my friend said to her sister, "they have children of every color." I hadn't stopped to think about it until she said that! I finally have my rainbow family! As soon as Obadiah gets here, we will have light, medium and dark! :)

When we started the adoption process for Eden and Addy, Callie and I talked a lot about all the different "issues". Those of you who know Callie know that she is VERY insightful for a young child! So one day she asked me how come God made her sisters black? I thought that was an interesting way to ask that question and just told her that God doesn't look at our family and see a white sister, a brown brother and two black sisters. He looks down and sees a family, period! She thought a minute and then said, "I guess God's love is color-blind then, huh, Mommy?" At that moment God birthed in me a dream to write a children's book titled God's Love is Color-Blind about a multi-racial family. My one draw back was who would illustrate it? Well, a wonderful artist with a heart for orphans has offered to illustrate it! So I am so excited! Now I just have to write it! :)

4 comments:

Emily said...

Wow thats awesome!!! Mother, wife, agency runner and now author.....your inspiring!

steffany said...

Let me know when I can buy a copy at Barnes N nobles

Crystal said...

I can't wait to buy a million copies!! You are the best, what an awesome heart for God. Hugs and Love- Crystal

Rick and Michelle said...

So... HollyAnn... have you written your book yet? (No condemnation if you haven't. I can totally relate. I haven't written mine yet either. And I need to get on it soon.) The more I read of your blog, the more alike I realize we are. Wow.
~Michelle