Friday, October 26, 2007

He is a PETREE!!!

I just got the phone call from Pastor Wesley that Obadiah is ours! We have a court decree and he will be sending it to us later today when they have electricity! Wow! I can't wait to lay my eyes on it! Then maybe this will all be more real. Thank you, God for getting us this far so quickly!

Now we really have to settle this name issue! :) John still says no to Obadiah...thank you for the FIFTEEN votes of confidence! But as I predicted 15 to 1 is still not good enough for John! ha! (I love you, Dear!) So we are on the hunt. I found the name Tobias last night. It means "God is good". That is a huge struggle for me right now (believing God is good), but yesterday in a sweet time with God, I made the resolve to believe He is good even though I don't "feel"
like He is good. Then I saw that name. I would love for him to carry that name. But it is definitely not Bob or Jim or Jack! It is a little less common! So we will see what John says. He didn't shoot it down.....not yet anyway! :)

Going to do a happy dance that my little boy is one major step closer to coming home! Praise God!!!

4 comments:

steffany said...

God's work is so evident in this adoption. It wasn't long ago I sat at your kitchen table listening to the desires of your heart(to adopt) and now a few short months later-Look at what God has done. I am truly excited for your family.

Crystal said...

Congratulations!! We are excited for you all. How exciting!! We are praying for you and we can't wait for him to come home : ) Love, Crystal

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Instantly Mama said...

WooHoo!!!! So excited for you! I'm sure Micah would be too if he understood what this means! He talks about Obediah every day.

Love,
Rachel
(mom to Obediah's bio brother)