Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Stressed....Who ME?

Ok, so I have had this weird feeling on my right side starting last Monday that just kept getting worse. By Thursday I was sure something was definitly wrong. Won't go into the gorry details of incompetent doctors and PA's, but I finally saw a good doctor yesterday. Turns out they think I have shingles! I thought that was an old person disease! Dr. Salcido says, "These are classic signs of shingles. Have you been under stress?" My mother was in the room with me, so I didn' t even bother to answer as I knew the answer was about to be yelled over my shoulder from her! She proceeded to tell him just how stressful my life is. And he agreed that this is probably what it is.

So, I have shingles. I had an abdominal sonogram today to make sure there is nothing else wrong, but it looks like shingles it is!

It has me concerned, not because of the shingles, they are painful, but I can handle that! The part I am having a hard time handling is that my body is reacting this way to my life! I thought I was doing really good at handling all the stress (the move, all the children in my care in Liberia, all the families in my care in America, a house that is in the middle of remodel, boxes everywhere, three children, a husband, a tight budget, Pastor Wesley, an adoption, PTA, three families traveling to Liberia and getting stuck in the MOnrovia airport with people wanting bribes) but my body says I'm too stressed. So what is a girl to do? Which one of those things in that list do I give up? I don't see that any of them can go! So how do I handle it better so that my body is ok, I am ok, and my family is ok? Sometimes life on this earth just seems too hard! I want to glorify my Father in Heaven, but sometimes I just think I can't. He has asked too much, yet His word says He doesn't give me more than I can handle THROUGH HIM~ So on that note, I am going to go spend some time with my Heavenly Daddy!

2 comments:

steffany said...

Hollyann, it reminds me if the time I got hives from stress(not nearly as painful) but I remember thinking, "what, I'm stressed?" Then I started to evaluate. You listed alot of major stresses in your blog. I do believe God gives us what we can handle. Sometimes I think God's view is different from my own. But yet, He knows. If anything, I offer you my support, my love, my prayers and my understanding. With that-You are an incredible woman. And I know God has entrusted you with much, because you love Him.

Emily said...

I believe the solution lies somewhere between more chocolate and more ice cream.......... :)