Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Mommy insecurities

I was picking Callie up from school today when one of the other mom's in her class said that she had made her little girl a sweater to look like Gabriella from High School Musical and I would have to tell her if she did a good job making it look like Gabriella's sweater. So my mind starts thinking back....I don't remember Gabriella's sweater, but she must mean something like she put the letter on the sweater to look like the high school letter sweater or something...no one makes a sweater! WRONG! Her daughter comes out in a precious orange sweater....she had crocheted (I can't even spell it!) her daughter a sweater for her Halloween costume! I immediately started beating up on myself for the fact that my poor kids don't ever even get home made cookies much less a crocheted sweater! But I am the mom God gave them, and He made them so I am assuming He will make up for the holes I leave in my children's lives! Because no matter how much balance I have and how hard I try to be Susy homemaker, I don't think...no I KNOW I will never crotchet my girls a sweater!

On top of that, I got some pictures back that I had printed and this was in them! I just laughed and thought, yep, this is the kind of mother my kids have! Look at that hair! We may not have sweaters, but we have a lot of laughs! :)

5 comments:

Martha said...

HollyAnn, moths will eat the sweater, but the laughs will last into eternity and the memories you create will be those of love and acceptance. Your children are blessed to have a Mom like you!

Deb...in Idaho waiting for twins from Liberia

steffany said...

We ladies are always notorious for comparing our worst with others best.
It's the the whole apples to oranges-
God gave you wonderful gifts as a mother, wife and woman- Embrace those
Forget cookies and sweaters, I've been around your kids- They are not lacking in love at all!

Crystal said...

HollyAnn, I laugh so hard at your life experiences because I can so strongly identify. The sweater from High School Musical would have had me stumped as well. I just would have liked to be a fly floating through the air as that conversation was taking place : ) You are an awesome wife and mother!! You are so right that God gave the Petree four you and vice versa. You are perfectly suited for them : ) Remember you have many gifts and talents, not the least of which is decorating!!! I am envious of that (not really, but I wish you could come and decorate my house so well! Like the veggies say, "God made you special and he loves you very much!" Love, Crystal

Emily said...

Your a great mom, don't beat yourself up! Not only can I not crochet, but I can't garden anything or keep a potted plant alive!

Anonymous said...

I am right there with you. I don't even know how to sew