Sunday, October 28, 2007

Random Thoughts from Petree life this week

I am home from church with Ava today as she was puking all day yesterday and we don't want to pass this along to the other children at Stonegate! ;) So I am having cabin fever and since everyone I know is at church, I decided to blog to keep from going nuts!

Ava is feeling much better today as was evident by the completely emptied box of snack baggies that I just picked up off the kitchen floor! Yesterday she didn't leave her daddy's or my lap all day. She was pretty pitiful! Now I pray no one else gets it!

Birds and the bees at 8.........
One of Callie's best friends at school is a boy. This has brought up many interesting conversations at our house. I really kind of like it because boys are not near as dramatic or back-stabbing as girls so we never have issues with this little boy like we do with the girls she is friends with. He is very sweet to Callie and they just have fun! She has been asking if he could come over to play, and I wasn't sure how I felt about that. I almost felt like eventhough they are friends, he needed to invite her over first. Then I realized that is pretty strange logic for friends! But as much as I hate to admit it, this relationship has me at a loss for what is acceptable and what I should allow! So this week, he asked her to come to his house to play. His mother is a teacher at Callie's school, so I was perfectly comfortable with their family (did I mention his dad assisted on my c-section with Ava before we knew our childrne were in the same class??!!! That is a bit weird! One week he is seeing ALL of me, and a few weeks later, he is sitting in my living room!) Anyway, she went to his house and had a blast. When his mother dropped them off, she said they were talking about spending the night. She told them boys and girls don't usually do that to which her son replied, "It's ok, mom, Callie will shower at her house and I will shower here before she comes over!" We laughed and told them that showers wasn't the only issue! So I guess the boundaries have now been set by both sets of parents...play at each other's house, but no spending the night! I can live with that!

the house.......
We are slowly making progress on the house. Last weekend I finished painting the base coat on Callie's room. I hope to paint palm trees later today. We can FINALLY walk through the front two rooms! That was a huge break through for me! I had a totaly mental block to those two rooms! Now I can work in there and not get totally depressed when I just walk past them. Yesterday , John and I painted the fire place. It really warmed up the living room. There are still so many projects to do that I feel like we will never get done, but I try to remind myself that every completed project is one step closer!

from three to four......
I am so excited that we have progress in Obie's case! But that made me think a lot about life when he comes home. Life is so crazy right now, I can't imagine adding another life to our mix! I want to make sure he has the attention he needs to bond and feel comfortable here in his new home. I can't wait to watch him experience all the new things he will be seeing.....running water, toilets, a closet full of clothes and toys, our church service with loud music and HUGE screnes for him to watch, but I know some of these things will be scary for him also. Will I have the energy to parent four children? Will we be able to afford it? How will I get it all done? But then I remember that the joy of raising children is worth every obstacle and hardship that they bring! Hearing them say, "I love you mommy!" makes it all worth it!

I am sure there are more ramblings I could post from this week, but I better get little bit down for a nap before she destroys the whole house! Along with the snack baggies, she has now emptied a book shelf and her sisters markers and crayons! Yes, she is definitly on the mend! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think we all wonder if we will be able to handle it all. I have 7 and I wonder these things too. I want everyone to get enough attention... it is hard not to think this way and each time we grow again I go through the same feelings. Thanks for being real.