Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wednesday in Liberia

God moved today!

I don't know how much I can get down because I am tired, and it is almost 11, but I don't want to forget some of the thoughts God brought to mind today! This is the scripture God took me to last night: Psalm 10:14-15 "You [God] have been the helper of the orphan. Break the arm of the wicked and the evildoer, seek out his wickedness until You find none." Psalm 10:17-18 "You have heard the desire of the humble; You will strengthen their heart, You will incline Your ear to vindicate the orphan and the oppressed, so that man who is of the earth will no longer cause terror." I read this out loud all the way to the Ministry of Health with Amos and Pastor Paul, our driver, echoing amens in agreement! I believe God fulfilled His word!

The official who asked us to leave yesterday and make an appointment, never showed up for our appointment today...this seems to be a trend with me...that last man, the pastor of my last church never showed up for the meeting he set up either! But while we were waiting, a divine appointment happened with a lady who works in the ministry and is in charge of case histories. I shared our history as she is new. I gave her the article written about us and told her why we are so frustrated! She had to run to a meeting but said that she would be at our ground breaking tomorrow!

Yes, we are breaking ground officially tomorrow! We are also dedicating the property to God! We are so excited! Two, possibly three Congressmen will also be there! We are also having a press conference to share what Addy's Hope has done here in Liberia besides adoption to educate the people on our heart for the entire country! I am so excited, pray that I say what needs to be said for God to get the glory! He deserves it all! There is NO WAY I can do any of this!

When we signed the deed today for the land, the man doing it said, "I have never seen a deal go through this quickly, God must be in this!" Then he told us he wants to pray over the deed before he hands it to us to dedicate it to God! We had not discussed religion, our purpose for the building or anything with him! He just came out and said that! Praise God! That means that people are seeing God in what is happening, and not us! It was really neat moment!

I have so much more to say, but it is 11, and tomorrow is a BIG day! We still need things to break loose for adoptions, but I believe we might be on the right track! Well, I know we are because God is in control! He has sent me here, He has arranged all the meetings, and He has provided the funds to do what we do! Now we just have to continue to walk in obedience and faith, fight the fight and continue on!