Saturday, January 23, 2010

Baby pictures


I FINALLY got to go see Blind Side last week with John. One of my favorite parts was when at Michael's graduation, his mom has a baby picture of him. Her husband leaned over and asked where she got it, and she said out of an advertisement! I loved it..but at the same time my mommy heart was sad! When Toben graduates or we have as slide show at his wedding, I won't have baby pictures of him either. I am a picture freak! So it makes me very sad to know I don't have any of him before he was 2 and a half.


I hadn't really thought of it that much until a couple of weeks ago when there was a precious baby boy at church who is African American and sporting an afro. Tears came to my eyes as I wondered, "Is that what Toben looked like?" I will never know!


It hit again when we were looking on the American Girl Doll site for the bitty twins that Callie wants. She wants the dark skinned ones, so a little boy popped up with curly dark hair! Like mother, like daughter: those are the ones she wants! :)


Did he look like the doll with really tight curls? Just one of the many things I will never know about the first three years of his life that I missed out on! But I can spend the rest of his life making up for it! And I plan to do just that!

No comments: