Friday, January 29, 2010

Dear Non-Public Profile Commentors,

Ever wonder why Christians aren't transparent? Take a look at the comments to many of my posts! I am transparent because I want other Christians to know I am not perfect like so many pretend to be. You know, put on the happy face and pretend you have it all together while the rest of us who are just honest aren't stable enough to pursue what God has for me.

Lovindaisies, I don't know who you are, and you don't know me. In fact, your profile isn't even available for me to have a remote idea of how you found my blog. If you are going to criticize you should at least put your identity out there. You don't have to agree with me. And if you knew me and was in the intimate details of my life and were one of the people whom I ask to speak truth into my life, then I would gladly receive it. But since none of those are true, let me ask you a question....why can't I hear God as clearly as Abraham? Do you not know that I serve the same God that Abraham served? Do you know that according to Matthew 11:11, there is no one (even Abraham) born of women who is greater than John the Baptist, yet the one who is least in the kingdom (so even if you think I am least because you see me as emotionally unstable) of heaven is greater than he! That means me...and you if you are a Christ Follower! So, yeah, I can hear God the same as Abraham! In fact, I have something Abraham didn't...I have the Holy Spirit who is my Counselor sent to abide with me and each of us who ask Jesus to be Lord of our lives! So in fact, I have a more intimate relationship with God than Abraham did! Because of the sacrifice Jesus made for me, and you, on the cross, I can go to the Father anytime I want through Jesus who sits at God's right hand in order to say "Not Guilty" at the attacks the enemy hurls at me in God's presence. Abraham had to wait for God to come to him or a Priest to take his prayer at the appointed time into the Holy of Holies. If you would like all the scripture references for the truths I just cited to check my theology, let me know. I will gladly look them up for you.

Or are you among the Christians who believe that God quit speaking when the Bible was finished? If so, then I can see where you have issue with the way I choose to live my life as none of it would make a bit of sense to you. You are looking at it through the limitations of a God who no longer performs miracles or calls us to do things beyond ourselves. Now, as I said, I don't know you, so I won't make those assumptions about you because that would be doing to you what you did to me. But regardless of what you believe, I believe that God is looking back and forth about this earth for people who will worship Him in spirit and in truth. I believe when He sees me, He sees an honest soul that wants her life changed by His power and wants to take a whole bunch of people with her on the journey instead of sitting silently in fear of judgement of people like you.

Am I emotionally stable? Well, considering all the Holy Spirit has whispered to me as I wrote this, I would say I am more than stable! My feet are planted on the Rock! As long as I choose the path He has for me, seek the counsel of those who know me and I trust because they share my belief in a God who is looking for a people group who want to see His miracles instead of putting Him constantly in a box, then yes, I am more than stable enough! My foundation is built on a Rock, not sinking sand! If I let the advice of those like you who don't know me derail the plans God has for me, that Lovindaisies would make me unstable!

To those who read my blog and like Lovindaisies may feel the need to comment because you think I am off in left field and without your comment that is from your hidden profile I will not have any truth spoken into my life, all sarcasm aside now, let me assure you that I make a practice to surround myself with people who I trust to be Godly and wise people to speak truth into my life. I make sure they are people just as strong as me that will not be intimidated by a strong personality and will flat out tell me when I am way out there! I seek those people out in accountability. In fact, I am meeting with one weekly right now. So don't feel the need to leave comments thinking if you don't, no one will speak truth to me. I'm trying to give you all doing that the benefit of the doubt here. And since you have never met the partner God gave me for this life, he has no problem standing up and telling me where I am wrong either! So all of you hidden profile commentors that don't know me can rest easy that truth will be spoken into my life if you don't...and since you don't really know me, maybe you shouldn't!

To quote a previous blog post of mine...probably one that made Lovindaisies think I was unstable ~ hee!hee! ~ I think this is a most appropriate time for this quote:


"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." Hallelujah! As Beth Moore's daughter, Melissa, said in one of Beth's recent podcasts, "Bring it on! Bring it on!" The fire will bring refining! Through the insults, hardtimes and difficulties, Christ's power will dwell in me!

Bring it on! Bring it on! This scripture just came to life for me as I responded to the comment on my lost post! For Christ's sake I delight in insults, in persecutions...I'm feeling stronger than I have in a long time! Confidence is back! The enemy will defeat me no more because I know Whose I am and to Whom I belong and Who calls me to care for His children. Stable? Yep! Rock Solid!

2 comments:

Judy Mc said...

Amen and amen, sista. Walk with your head up and your eyes bright. God smiled with that post. Have a blessed and fantastic weekend!

JaneyKH said...

Hi Holly. I thought I would comment. Maybe this will help put that comment in a better perspective coming from a detached observer. (Quotes are what you wrote)

“Ever wonder why Christians aren't transparent? Take a look at the comments to many of my posts!”

I have not read all the other comments from previous posts. I’m sorry if people are not being fair with you. I am sure there are many reasons why people are not transparent. But if you want to have a public forum, you probably should be willing to accept public comments.

“you don't know me. In fact, your profile isn't even available for me to have a remote idea of how you found my blog. If you are going to criticize you should at least put your identity out there.”

Well, I think this person said they knew you and explained why they did not reveal their name, likely because they value some friendship with you that may be lost if they revealed what they felt. Taking into account how you responded so emotionally, there is probably some truth in that feeling, although I wonder how valuable this friendship is in the first place if 2 people cannot be open with one another. I hope/want my friends to feel they can approach me with anything.

“why can't I hear God as clearly as Abraham?”

I don’t think this person said you couldn’t. I think she pointed out an assumption that you were, then said she/he hoped that were true. The fact that she hoped something were true at least implies that possibility – that you indeed really were/are following God.

“I believe that God is looking back and forth about this earth for people who will worship Him in spirit and in truth. I believe when He sees me, He sees an honest soul that wants her life changed by His power and wants to take a whole bunch of people with her on the journey instead of sitting silently in fear of judgement of people like you.”

I do not think judgment was being passed. She hoped you were following God and wondered (not concluded) whether you were emotionally fit to foster/adopt such a large amount of children.

“without your comment that is from your hidden profile I will not have any truth spoken into my life”

I do not think this person said that at all. I do not see anywhere where this person said she was the sole truth speaker in your life. Maybe the comment has been edited in between your reading and mine (???), I don’t know.

BTW – I keep my profile hidden too, just for the privacy of my family and my blog is also private.

"Bring it on! Bring it on!"

See, its this time of response why its probably wise not to even comment. This is a person who was commenting about something you offered to the public and, with a comment box, offered up for comments. Seeing this type of challenge, I wonder whether this person was wise not to raise these questions with you directly in seeing your response.

In the interest of full disclosure, I learned of your blog through a message board I was on trying to obtain information to adopt from Liberia. I am a mom of 4 precious children in boring Nebraska, have a wonderful husband and would love to adopt from Africa. I have a heart and passion for orphaned children. (And I do not know you other than what is posted in this forum and what has been written in others, have no hard feelings and desire that all people, especially christians, get along).

Jane Kelly