Monday, June 4, 2012

Got $500,000?!

I think I have found the perfect house for Addy's Hope!  The only problem, we are $500,000 short!  We just got approved for our state contract in order to place waiting children available for adoption in the Texas Foster System in permanent adoptive homes which means WE NEED AN OFFICE!!!!!  This house has a beautiful home up front that would allow us to immediately open the teen maternity home while we raise the money for the larger home (that would be just a block away) AND has an office in the back that we can use to house the Addy's Hope office...growing into the larger home when we have the money to support it!

Here is the deal!  We are $500,000 short (well, only $499,900 because Callie raised $100 on the drink stand she set up at our garage sale).  We don't have funds for the down payment or monthly payments right now because our programs are still being developed.  But Addy's Hope has never worked on a surplus! Only on faith!  So I am believing in faith...funny thing is, God asked me to step up the faith and quit doubting and confess my unbelief about this area just this weekend!  Then I drive by this house a board member told me about last week and I can't believe what I see!  The perfect set up for where we are NOW!

God has taken me to Philippians 4:19 time and again over the past few months as He has challenged me to believe Him for the things He tells me He will provide.  The office and maternity home are two of those things!  It says in the amplified version, "and my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus." (emphasis mine)  And in my world $500,000 in the time frame we need is LIBERALLY supplying our need!  And I am going to take Him at his Word!  Until this opportunity is gone, I am going to ask Him and believe Him to provide for this.  And if this isn't it, I will look for the next opportunity because I know without a doubt that He will provide for the office and the maternity home as He has already confirmed it in His word!

And when He does, it will be for His glory!  That is the part that is so amazing!!  Whenever He chooses to provide the needs, I know He will do it in a way that brings Him glory and lets his goodness go on display for the watching world to see!

He is already laying the ground work!  In the last week, our local news station, CBS 7, had a post on the rise of teen pregnancies in Odessa and another on the local college giving over $1,000,000 in a grant for teen moms!  The need is there, the money is there, an I am trusting God to bring us what we need at the exact time!

You might just be the contact that helps us!  Asking for money is totally out of my comfort zone, but I find myself doing it a lot lately.  If you know of anyone who might have a few thousand they could donate, a company looking for a place to donate for a tax write off, or someone with a heart for ministry to pregnant teens or adoption who has a big heart and a small budget and wants to send their $5.  God can do this a dollar at a time!  Please share this with on your FB page or anywhere you can to spread the word!

And thank you in advance!  I will keep you posted and we can all sit back and watch God do His thing! :)

No comments: