Saturday, June 30, 2012

We are not always serious!

Because my blog is usually about my getting to know God and lessons I learn on this journey, it tends to be pretty serious!  I really do have a fun side!  I realize as I read through my blog that doesn't come out too often!  So I thought I would share our "Welcome to Summer Party" John and I surprised the kids with on the last day of school! 




 Home schooling the two oldest meant they weren't surprised, but it was still fun!  And the biggest bummer was Paizley had to be at work so she didn't get to join in.  It was all ideas I got off Pinterest.  We had water balloon pinatas, water guns and as many water balloons as my fingers could tie!  I think I got the feeling back in my two fingers some time the next week!

Everyone stand back!  Madison has a bat!!!!!



Noah tackling the balloon didn't end up so well for him!  He ended up in the street, but we all got a good laugh, and as you can tell from his smile, he didn't mind either!


Toben didn't have much luck with the punching bag style of breaking the pinata!  I think he finally resorted to the bat like everyone else!



Success!  And the face says it all!
It was a ton of fun, and I am pretty sure this was our first annual party! 

No comments: