Thursday, June 7, 2012

Hope's Promise Update

We looked at the $500,000 property yesterday that was a home with an office.  It could work.  It had some definite strikes against it, like the overwhelming stench of animal urine when you walked in the door!  And it was way over priced.  But the prayers of you warriors were answered with another lead of a property that sounds like it would be perfect that our amazing Realtor thought of as she heard us talking about plans for the home.  The property is not for sale right now, but has been in the past.  So she is checking on it for us.  Will you please continue to pray?  Pray that if this is the property God has for us the owner would be willing to consider selling.  From what our Realtor said, it might just be a needed change for the owners as well, so I am praying this would be a perfectly timed blessing for them as well.  It is a property that would most likely allow us to serve 10 plus girls immediately!

The plan would be to purchase this property with the long term goal remaining: to purchase the God Promised land and build a larger facility.  The exciting part about the long term plan is that then the home we are purchasing now (whatever that turns out to be) would be a transition home for the moms who choose to parent and need a place to get on their feet!  We can continue to speak into their lives, teach them about Jesus and teach them to be mommies!  Honestly, that gets me so excited, I can hardly sit still!

Please don't stop praying.  As I have prayed this week, time and again I feel assured by the Holy Spirit that this will happen and will happen quickly.  But I have also been assured that the opposition will come just as fast and just as strong!  The enemy is defeated when we pray and walk in obedience. He is defeated when my friend brings her birthday money from her husband to get her hair colored to my front door to pay for the home instead!  He is defeated when a 12 and 14 year old girl sit two days in the heat selling cold drinks and telling people they want to help other young girls who find themselves in a hard place with no where to go but wanting to chose life for their babies!  He is defeated when girls are told to abort their baby or leave and they have a place to go so they can choose life! So please don't stop praying!  I assure you your prayers are effective!  I have never seen anything like what is happening with this home!  The way people are working together across "church" lines!  Well, I guess maybe I have seen it...when we built the orphanage in Liberia!  But I was just a bystander to the amazing work of Jeremy and Kami!

I will be applying for a grant from a local business that is very generous with community organizations.  They have given organizations in the past more than what it would take for us to just purchase this property (or whatever property God leads us to) right away!  I am believing God for something just as crazy as that!  God is ready to show His glory!  And I know how ever this happens it will be in a way that no man can take credit because it would only be possible by a Might God who works miracles!

Here we go....

1 comment:

Rick and Michelle said...

Reading this makes me giddy!!

Michelle (and Rick)
www.NoLongerAnOrphan.blogspot.com