Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Maternity Home update....

I know several of you are following this crazy ride God has put us on to open a maternity home!  I know many of you are faithfully praying, so I wanted to give you an update.  We have an appointment tomorrow to look at the property I talked about in my last post!  Moving forward in faith!  We already have our first donation toward that property (or the maternity home in general) that came to my front door today in a most humbling gesture!  A dear friend had an appointment to have her hair highlighted as her husband had given her money for her birthday to get that done.  But instead she drove to my house and gave the money toward the home!  God continues to amaze me with the people He has involved in this project in just the few short weeks it has been in process.  We have people who see the need who do not even know THE Reason (aka: JESUS) we are doing this jumping up and offering their talents and services for our fund raisers.  We are praying they meet Him along the way! 

The team of people he has surrounded me with during this time continues to blow me away!  We left the last meeting with a goal to get invitations...by the end of the next day these women (and one man...can't forget Jon!) already had the template and wording ready and the invitations were ordered just a few days later! I would still be trying to find a template that I liked....remember, I'm the visionary! :)

We have a clay shoot scheduled for November 2 as our first fundraiser and we are expecting big things!  

Thank you for all the prayers and e-mails of encouragement!  Please keep them coming!  This work can get heavy, but the encouragement and prayer of those supporting us keep us moving forward and refocusing us on Him whose yoke is light!  

OH....and we have a name....Hope's Promise Maternity Home!

Here we go.....

No comments: